These Flower, Herb and Seed Botanical Crackers are the perfect addition for any cheese platter! The nuts and seeds could be adjusted to whatever you have available, I’m all for kitchen experiments!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin/ pepita seeds
- 1/4 cup walnuts – chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries – chopped
- 2 TBS Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t black cracked pepper
- 1/8 t baking powder
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 TBS Honey
- 4 TBS Cold Water
- 1 cup herbs and edible flowers roughly chopped. I used Marigold, parsley, thyme, rosemary, chive flower. Note: I did use borage but I wouldn’t recommend as it doesn’t look appealing after being cooked..
- Preheat oven to 200-220 Degrees Celcius.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Should be a sticky dough consistency.
- Place mixture on a sheet of baking paper in the centre and make a rough ball.
- Place a second sheet of baking paper on top and using a rolling pin roll out as thin as you can. You should try and roll out to a rectangle or a shape that will fit onto your baking tray. It is important to try and get the centre rolled out nice and thin so it can crisp up.
- Once rolled out remove the top layer of baking paper.
- Scatter the chopped flowers and herb on top of the rolled dough and gently press in so they stick.
- Grind some extra salt and pepper on top.
- Cut the dough into the size you want your crackers. I did roughly 6cm x 4cm.
- Place the baking paper with your dough onto an oven tray and bake for 12-14 minutes until golden. The ends may crisp up before the centre so I kept an eye on it and cut off the end rows with scissors and allowed the centre to cook for longer.
Once you have made your own Homemade Botanical Crackers you will never look back. The reat thing about this recipe is that you can mix and match the ingredients to whatever you have availble! Get creative and try new versions each time. Remebr it is important to get the mixture rolled out as thin and even as possible.
Let me know if you make your own version of these Botanical Crackers i would love to see. You can tag me on Instagam 🙂