Nasturtium is in absolute abundance in my garden right now and I want to learn how to make the most of this fruitful time. I think learning how to use a plant is just as important as learning how to grow it. This month I have been exploring lots of different ways to use Nasturtium. Nasturtium mini quiches are so quick, easy and taste delicious. Get the most out of your garden by growing things that have a multitude of uses to really help you maximise your space.
Join me LIVE cooking this recipe
Sunday 9th May 2021 – Head over to my Youtube and hit the notification bell on this video to get notified when I go live. See you there!
Nasturtium Mini Quiche
- 12 Medium – Large Nasturtium Leaves
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk or cream (i used coconut cream)
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and Pepper to season
Whisk Quiche mix in a bowl and set aside.
- Red onion
- Spring onion
- Marinated olives
- Red capsicum
- Rainbow Chard
- Grated Cheese
Finely chop your filling vegetables. I overshot how much veggies I needed. My muffin trays are on the smaller side and you don’t need much to fill them. So just chop a little bit and you can always chop more if needed. You could add any vegetables you have available these are just what I had.
- Preheat Oven to 170-180 degrees celsius.
- Grease a muffin tray well with oil.
- Place your Nasturtium leaves in top side down.
- Add your filling (except grated cheese), just a couple pieces of each as it will soon fill up.
- Using a measuring cup or jug pour your Quiche mix in and try not to fill over the top of the leaves.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for 30mins or until the filling has set.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10mins.
- Carefully remove from trays using a spoon. You may need to run a knife around the top if the cheese has stuck to the sides.
Please note my recipes are more of a guide.. ( I am not a technically accurate baker, I just wing it).
If you have plenty of Nasturtiums check out my other recipes.
You can share your version on Instagram using #sustainablehollyskitchen or tag me @sustainable_holly so I can see your beautiful creations!!
MY KITCHEN ESSENTIALS //
Dehydrator // https://amzn.to/3mX45Fr
Nutribullet // https://amzn.to/3v3Jq5s
Cold Press Juicer // https://amzn.to/3x9vNDl
Vegetable Chopper // https://amzn.to/3uYtZLC
Glass Storage // https://amzn.to/3mYRT6R
DISCLAIMER: Links included in this description might be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you for supporting my page so I can continue to provide you with free content!
Nasturtium Bread Rolls are bright, vibrant and all-natural colouring. Create…
About Nasturtiums My nasturtiums are abundant again for the Autumn/…
If you have been following me for a bit you…
I had homemade Garden Pesto on my (Giant) list of…
Nasturtium wraps with green papaya salad, Haloumi, garden greens, and…
Delicious and beautiful Nasturtium Salt is a great way to…