Delicious and beautiful Nasturtium Salt is a great way to add some fun and flavour to your meals. The beautifully abundant Nasturtium is back for the Autumn/ Winter season and this year I’m giving this humble plant time to shine! It is so often under-utilised and I will admit that previously I have only ever used the flowers and leaves in a salad and as a garnish. So I am on a mission to put together a series of recipes and tips to help you get the most out of your Nasturtiums.
Packed full of flavour, vitamin C and beneficial minerals, this Nasturtium salt is a magical addition to your pantry staples.
- Two cups/ handfuls of Nasturtium flowers and leaves
- 1 cup of Salt – I used a mix of Australian blossom salt and pink Himalayan rock salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Rinse and check Nasturtium for any bugs.
- Blitz all the ingredients in a mixer, blender or NutriBullet until the leaves are all broken down.
- Then spread on to a tray and dehydrate on low 30-40 degrees Celcius until completely dry. It will lighten in colour so if you break up any larger pieces and they are still dark green it needs longer. Mine took 3 hours in the dehydrator. You can use the Oven too if you do not have a Dehydrator.
- Pour into a bowl or mortar and pestle and break up any larger pieces.
- Place in a jar and you have a beautiful, nutrition-packed salt! I used the Pink Himalayan salt for added beneficial minerals. A mild peppery salt to enjoy on your morning eggs on toast and add a nutritious flavour boost to any cooking.
I use the 6 tray Bio Chef Dehydrator
What ways do you like to use Nasturtiums? Another great way is these delicious Nasturtium Wrap – Recipe Here. Leave me a comment below.
MY KITCHEN ESSENTIALS //
Dehydrator // https://amzn.to/3mX45Fr
Nutribullet // https://amzn.to/3v3Jq5s
Cold Press Juicer // https://amzn.to/3x9vNDl
Vegetable Chopper // https://amzn.to/3uYtZLC
Glass Storage // https://amzn.to/3mYRT6R
DISCLAIMER: Links included in this description might be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you for supporting my page so I can continue to provide you with free content!