Nasturtium wraps with green papaya salad, Haloumi, garden greens, and edible flowers. I can’t even describe how incredible this tastes! The sweetness from the salad, salty Haloumi, and mild peppery nasturtium is an absolute combo I’m telling ya!! Get amongst it ⚡️
This recipe will serve about 4 people so halve it if necessary or just store the leftover salad for another meal!
2 cups grated green papaya
1 cup garden greens ( i used rainbow chard and kale)
1 packet of halloumi
8-10 fresh sugar snap pea pods
1 TSB soy sauce
1 TBS sweet chilli sauce
1 garlic clove
1 TBS lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
3-4 mint leaves
Nasturtium Wraps for Serving
10-15 Medium size nasturtium leaves
edible flowers to garnish
- Grate the green papaya and carrot and place in a salad bowl.
- Slice up the garden greens (roughly 1/2cm wide strips) and add to salad.
- Finely chop or mince garlic and add to a small bowl.
- Slice mint leaves and add the remanding dressing ingredients and mix.
- Pour dressing over the salad, mix and leave to marinate while you cook the Halumi.
- Rinse nasturtium leaves and layout to dry on tea towel.
- Finely slice pea pods and set aside.
- Slice the haloumi into 1cm wide strips and add to a heated frypan on medium-high heat until lightly brown on each side. Slice in to bite size cubes and set aside.
- Place nasturtium on a serving board and add a heaped tablespoon of salad to the centre of each. Add 3-4 cubes of haloumi on top.
- Finally, place pea pod strips and edible flowers on top to serve.
Nasturtium wraps could be used for many different flavour combinations. They are so vesitile and a completely underated plant in my opinion! What have you used Naturtium leaves for? Let me know in the comments below.