Yay, its summertime and Zucchini Fritters served with homemade chutney and a fresh garden salad is the perfect summer meal. My Zucchini harvests are in full swing and I will be making the most of the abundance by trialling out as many new Zucchini recipes as I can. When I first started growing Zucchini the only way I knew how to cook with them was to throw them in a stirfry, but I have since learnt there are so many easy and delicious ways to use them. I look forward to sharing them all with you! These were quick and easy to make and taste so good! That is pretty much the main criteria for anything I cook!
For these fritters, I used Golden Zucchini as that is what I had just picked but you can use any variety. I have found the Golden Zucchini much like the regular black variety but you do have to harvest them earlier as the seeds inside start to develop quickly.
- 3 small-medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 Egg (sometimes I leave this out)
- 1/4 finely sliced red onion (could use shallots or spring onion)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley and chives
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 small fresh chilli finely sliced
Note: you could add 1/2 cup of cheese to really up the flavour such as parmesan, cheddar or fetta.
How to Make them:
- Rinse your zucchini and grate them into a bowl. Grind with a good amount of rock salt (roughly 5-6 grinds) to allow the moisture to extract. Stir through, cover and set aside for 10minutes.
- Finely chop your herbs, onion and chilli.
- After 10 minutes or so place your grated zucchini in a sieve and squeeze out all the extra moisture.
- Then in a clean bowl mix all your ingredients together and season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat with oil and spoon your mixture in and flatten it down a bit. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until crispy brown.
Makes 10-12 Zucchini Fritters
You could serve your Zucchini Fritters with a dollop of Greek yoghurt or sour cream, your favourite chutney and a fresh green garden salad.
What are your favourite ways to use Zucchini?
DISCLAIMER: Links included in this description might be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you for supporting my page so I can continue to provide you with free content!