These Zucchini wrapped haloumi skewers are so delicious and easy to make! Marinated in my favourite green sauce plus the Rosemary flavour also infuses during cooking. I made this during one of my YouTube live streams and had to share the recipe! Serve on a fresh salad or with a charcuterie board. These would also be great for summer BBQs.
Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) is a fragrant perennial herb. Rosemary is a hardy, drought-tolerant shrub and can also be used as an ornamental due to its evergreen foliage and purple or white edible flowers. Rosemary is a great herb to plant on your journey to sustainability, as it has a large list of beneficial uses for the garden, home, kitchen, plus many medicinal qualities. When Rosemary flowers it will attract an abundance of beneficial pollinators to increase your garden’s production.
- 1 medium Zuchinni
- 1 packet Haloumi
- Olive oil
- 9 Rosemary sprigs
- Green Dressing (available below for logged in members or see notes)
- Soak the Haloumi in a bowl of water for 5-10 mins while prepping the rest of the dish (optional but reduces the salt and makes the halloumi softer).
- Cut the Zucchini into thin ribbons using a wide vegetable peeler.
- Prepare the green sauce or marinade (available below for logged-in members or see notes)
- Pour half the marinade over the zucchini Ribbons.
- Remove the haloumi from the water, cut it into squares roughly 1-2cm, and place in the bowl with the remainder of the marinade.
- Place the ribbons and halloumi in the fridge to marinate further for 10-20min.
- Heat a pan with olive oil on medium heat.
- Lay a zucchini strip out flat and place a haloumi cube at the beginning then roll to wrap the square.
- Strip 3/4 of the leaves from the rosemary skewers (see notes if you are using the leaves for the marinade you will need to do this at the beginning).
- Place 3 wrapped cubes on a skewer and place in the pan. Cook until golden on each side - roughly 3 minutes each side.
- Serve on a fresh salad with lemon or lime wedges and extra green sauce or a creamy yogurt dressing.
- Non-member's alternative to the green dressing - Strip 3/4 of the leaves from the Rosemary sprigs. Roughly chop and add 1/4 cup of Olive Oil and use that as the marinade.
- Swap Haloumi for Feta or Vegan Cheese
- P.S - I make the members green dressing in the YouTube live.
Green Sauce Chimichurri
This vibrant green dressing is packed full of flavour and is a delicious way to add a fresh zing to your meals.
Watch the Live Video 👇
Want more Recipes?
Join the Garden to Plate club to learn more about growing thriving gardens and wholesome Garden to Plate meals.
- Monthly workshops
- Edible plant grow guides
- Seasonal Grow Guides
- Garden-to-plate recipes
- Community to get help when you need it!